What key features should be included in a virtual marking solution?
The construction and creation of a virtual marking registry can be a time consuming hurdle for counsel who seek to implement a virtual marking strategy. There are a variety of external vendors, including PatentStatus, that offer virtual marking solutions.
The five most important features in constructing a virtual marking registry are:
- Ease in finding the exact product claims.
- Registry security against hacking.
- A system to track the history of claims published in the registry.
- A system to track and prove the registry is always available.
- A log of visitor activity on the registry.
The patentee should focus on data integrity, ease of integration with existing IP and ERP systems and a long-term low-cost of maintenance.